If you’re a student outside of this country, you might be interested in studying abroad in the United States. The U.S. can give a wide variety of opportunities for students, and so acquiring a temporary visa for these reasons is a viable option. There’s one main option for visas if you’re interested in studying in the U.S., and it’s important to know how it will work best for you and your situation.

F-1 Student Visas:

An F-1 visa allows foreign citizens to receive academic study at a school that is approved by the Attorney General for foreign students. F-1 students must maintain the minimum course load for a full-time student status, and they are expected to finish their studies by the expiration date listed on their I-20 form that the U.S. college or university provided. To qualify for this visa, applicants have to prove a few strict criteria during their F1 visa interviews. You must prove you have a foreign residence that you plan to return to, a sponsoring academic institution that granted your visa, sufficient financial support, and familial and financial ties to your home country.

If you are interested in studying at a specific university, make sure that you check their admission policies, because every university has their own requirements. Once you have been able to prove that you are academically and financially eligible, the university will give you an I-20 form to fill out in conjunction with your application. For your application, you will need to provide an application fee (non-refundable), a DS-160 form, a DS-157 form for males, a valid passport, and photos of your current appearance.

The application and interview process for students who want to study abroad in America is not an easy process; it requires your preparedness and patience. Our team at the Law Offices of Sweta Khandelwal can help you through this student visa process, and help you collect all the documents and information you’ll need. Contact us today to get started.